Monday, February 14, 2011

A POINT OF INTEREST TO ME

I have included the Town Council Meeting Agenda this month, you might ask why. As you read down the agenda you will see were we will honor the late and missed C. Moore for his years of service.His family has been invited to attend, so I ask that everyone who can, to please help and make them feel welcome. On a lighter note I would like to thank the Town Crews for there responds to the major water leak Sunday 02/13/11. I stopped by to see what all the activity was and learned that a 6" water main broke in front of the Church. Within minutes the whole crew it seemed was on the spot doing what they had to. I thank them for that. I know you will say it's there job, and you would be right but they also did not have to answer there phones when the call was made. Who knows what the cost of that repair will be. This is why we need to take the WATER GRANT. It might cost us a little more on our water bill or tax's but it needs to be done. The Council needs to find away to pay for this. I do not know, maybe we will be forced to raise our rate for water to get it, but we might be able to lower our tax rate to offset the water rate increase, if we are forced to do that. The Council needs to stop talking about table and chairs and start getting down to business of running this Town

No comments:

Post a Comment