Friday, April 22, 2011

WATER LINE IMPROVMENTS UNDER WAY

The Town Council, voted to accept the grant and water line improvements at our monthly meeting in April. See below on what will be included. Representatives from the Wiley/Wilson Co. where on hand to present to the town the improvements and also to give us a time frame for the completion. For the concern citizens that have contacted me already on the cost,they can rest a sure that the town will never get a chance like this again. We will be getting over $800,000.00 in grant monies but will have to provide a match (it's called 60/40) of just over $500,000.00 which we will get in a loan at a low 3% interest rate for 30 years. The total cost of the project has been projected to be $1,356,000.00 how can you turn down $800,000.00. If we did not do this now, down the road it would have cost you and me the full $1,356,000.00. All the improvements are within our current town limits and need to be done. If you have any questions you can still either email me, comment on this page, or call me the old fashion way by telephone. I will do my best to answer your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment